The story so far...

So our humble couple has found out that they're pregnant. What entails is a series of thoughts, memories and pictures as they get closer to becoming a family...

Monday, June 13, 2011

40 Weeks- Violet's 2 Weeks old (belated post)

Violets' one month old now and I'm just now publishing this post, and you'll see we never quite finished writing it. With new baby, priorities have changed and projects get postponed sometimes. I wanted to get this thing online before it became ridiculously out of date.  I'm hoping, of course, to take some one month pictures and get them online too.  We'll see how long that takes me.


From Marcy:

Spencer and I have had the joy of being able to love on our baby girl two weeks early. It's hard to believe Violet wasn't suppose to arrive until this week. It's even harder to believe all of her fit inside my belly! The whole pregnancy experience was truly amazing. Before becoming pregnant, the thought of having another creature moving about inside me made me cringe. Once I actually was pregnant, it didn't seem strange at all, but the thought of having to deliver Violet terrified me. Then once we were actually in the hospital and I was in labor, I surprisingly didn't stress about it.

Life, now with Violet, has changed so much.  The transition was smooth but abrupt.  Once we came home from the hospital, it was strange at first to be home during the weekday. I missed being at work a little bit. I quickly realized how hard it was to mark things off my to do lists.  I barely get anything else in my day done besides change diapers and feed her. The time goes by so fast.  Before Violet, going to the grocery store was a despised chore, now it's something to get excited about because I get out of the house. It's easier to see why some women become depressed after giving birth.  I have the most boring life out of anyone you know right now, but you know what, I don't mind at all. The most exciting thing is just sitting and watching Violet. I can do it for hours. She's the cutest thing on this planet, even when she smells funny and I'm wiping poo off her butt.


From Spencer:

It's true that having a baby changes everything.  It's been unreal having this new life around the house and it's become pretty much the center of our universe.  First of all, any bit of scheduling goes out the window.  Violet gets hungry, needs changing, or just wants to be picked up and held and everything else gets put on hold.  We have gotten into a pretty good rhythm of two to four hour spaces where Marcy can sleep, we can eat, or everyone (cat and dog included) can hang out on the couch.

I'll try and go through the series of events as best I can.  Marcy's already given the birth story, though I can tell you that watching everything I.....(Marcy-must have been speechless.)

This is where the post ended. It's too bad, because I'd like to know his thoughts about the birth, you know, get the guys perspective.  I'll be honest, we had a tough time finding the words to explain how our lives have changed, and it still is.  Maybe next post we'll be able to share more with you all.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful family! :) So good that you are posting this stuff. I think too many people get into the "yeah! i am having a baby!" and not think so much about specifics. It will help someone for sure!

    ReplyDelete