The story so far...

So our humble couple has found out that they're pregnant. What entails is a series of thoughts, memories and pictures as they get closer to becoming a family...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

32 Weeks


Spencer and I had a fun weekend recently celebrating our niece and nephew's birthday at our house.  There was lots of yummy pizza, cake and ice cream, and lots and lots of presents to play with.  The next day was Violet's first baby shower.  My mom (Jeneane), sister (Robyn), and sister-in-law (Haylee) hosted the shower with lots of help from Mary (haylee's mom) and Joanne (long time family friend). I was so impressed with all they had done to make the baby shower so beautiful and perfectly executed.  I had such a good time seeing and talking with everyone as well as unwrapping all the wonderful gifts that Violet will get to wear and use.  here are a few highlights from the shower.












Violet has one more shower in a couple of weeks hosted by my coworkers. I'm really looking forward to this one too.  They are all extremely talented artists, stylists, and chefs so I know it will be fabulous.  Still, it doesn't take much to get me excited. Give me some chicken salad and a Publix cupcake anytime. Yum, I'm getting hungry.

Spencer and I are STILL working on Violet's room putting up decals. It took all of Saturday to place the alphabet decals above the changing table. A lot of math and measuring was involved in order to get them placed just right.  I was half tempted to get Chris Bisset on the scene to take over knowing he would get this precisely placed, but between our two brains, I think Spencer and I had pretty good luck.  Sunday started the next phase of decal placement: the forest scene. No math was involved, just alot of eyeballing things (well, maybe a bit of measuring). Unfortunately, I was not able to finish by the end of the weekend, so it's not quite done.  After all the decals are in place, all we have to do is get some picture frames hung on the wall, get a mattress for the bedding so it can be set, and get the last of our gifts washed and placed in the closet and drawers.  Here are some pictures of the room as it was Sunday afternoon.


The pregnancy is going pretty smoothly considering how far along I am now.  I get up multiple times in the night to go to the bathroom and switch positions in the bed to get comfortable.  Back pains rear their ugly head pretty often now, even sitting down can sometimes be uncomfortable.  My boss has even given me the pillow that he had been using as back support after breaking his neck and having surgery last year. And i can't even tell you how many Tums I eat everyday. Violet is so long now she nestles here feet in my ribs sometimes, and at my last doctor's appointment it was confirmed she had already descended her head down into my pelvis. That's right ladies and gents, we just might have an early delivery.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, I can remember the Tums phase. Oddly, I can also remember my mom telling me she never had heartburn until she had a child and after, she could never totally get rid of that. I second that. Blech.

    ReplyDelete